3D secure for Visa
What is 3D Secure?
TRASTRA uses 3D Secure program (Verified by Visa) to ensure that your online transactions are always protected.
3D Secure (3-domain secure), also known as Payer Authentication is a security protocol to prevent fraud in transactions with credit and debit cards online.
This service is provided by Visa under the name Verified by Visa.
Payer Authentication is a three-part process. The parties involved are the seller, the buyer (the bank that processes the payment) and card issuers (i.e., Visa or MasterCard).
3D Secure Advantages
Reduced Risk Fraud
With this new technology misuse of cards and loss of payments is significantly reduced.
Authorization requires confirmation of identity, code etc. from the card issuer.
Safety against Fraud Loss
It provides merchants security against fraud loss.
Better International Transaction
Merchants find it safe to accept international card transactions.
3D Secure offers secure transactions through SSL encryption.
3D Secure helps ensure that payments are made by the rightful owner of the Visa account, to make online purchases more secure. It aims to make your online transactions as secure, fast, and convenient as purchases you make in a store.
Usually, it works behind the scenes when you’re shopping online, using advanced technology to confirm your identity. If there’s any doubt – such as when you use a new device or make an unusually large purchase – you may be asked by your bank to provide more information to confirm the purchase.
As Visa always offers comprehensive fraud protection to cardholders, you get an extra layer of security to protect your identity and your shopping experience online.
3D Secure Activation
To make online purchases even more secure, users of GBP, EUR, and USD payment cards are strongly recommended activating Verified by Visa (VBV) protection. When you complete your payment with VBV, your bank is able to make additional security checks to ensure your card details have not been compromised.
Easy steps to activate 3D Secure option:
When using VBV for the first time, fill out the following card details in the window that opens:
- Signature Panel Code (CVV2 number)
- Expiration Date
- Your Date Of Birth.
- Get acquainted with the Terms & Conditions.
- To activate a VBV account, click Activate Now (this implies that you agree to the Terms & Conditions).
- Create and confirm a password by re-entering (it should be 8-20 characters long with no spaces).
- Click Submit.
- Once you have created the VBV account, each time you make an online transaction supported by VBV, you will be brought to the page below. Here, you will be asked to enter three digits from your password that have been selected at random by the system. Enter them and click Submit.
Your identity is verified and the purchase is secure.
How does it work?
Verified by Visa works by asking for additional information either from you directly or by analysing data behind the scenes to see if the purchase fits your usual payment behavior. Either way, you have the same level of security and protection.
1. You’ll notice Verified by Visa when a message box pops up on screen after you’ve entered your Visa card details.
This is your bank communicating with you directly. You’ll see the personal message that only you and your bank know.
(It may be a message that you gave to your bank when you signed up for Verified by Visa).
You are then asked to identify yourself either with your Verified by Visa password or a code sent to your mobile phone.
2. If you don’t notice the Verified by Visa message box appearing but instead see a revolving wheel, all the security associated with Verified by Visa is still happening but in the background.
You don’t need to do anything. Your bank is verifying your purchase by making background checks to see that everything is as it should be.
The main thing is that when you pay by Visa, you’re absolutely protected.